Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hysteria Hangover

Well, it’s all over, but the shoutin’. And what an experience, eh? I really believe that, due to the monumental efforts of the staff and board of Piedmont Opera and the Operators, Winston-Salem caught a bit of the Crucible bug. Maybe even some Crucible hysteria, if I may be so bold. I’m sure it’s a big letdown at Piedmont Opera and Fletcher Opera after the last show. So much effort and psychic energy was spent on this project. So much blood, sweat, and tears. As a consumer, I just want to thank everyone behind the scenes for (1) undertaking this bold, risky project during uncertain opera economic times and (2) pulling off the whole project with great aplomb.

I guess, technically, my blog is over. Just like in Salem, Mass. the hysteria has to stop at some time. But rest assured that Vögelchen has enjoyed this experience, especially the speaking in third person. By the way, does anyone know why I call myself Vögelchen?

Of course, this blog has essentially been like giving me a microphone, which is a bit dangerous because once I have the microphone, I don’t want to give it back. As such, I am reserving the right to post a few more entries on various Crucible-related topics.  So, don’t turn off your computers just yet—you never know what Vögelchen will come up with.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Piedmont Opera, Fletcher Opera Institute, and Winston-Salem!

    And great blog, Vögelchen--don't give up the microphone!

    ReplyDelete